Benicia’s history is rich with examples of how the founders of the community made decisions with great foresight that would impact the long term appeal of Benicia as a place where people want to live and enjoy a beautiful climate. The native hillsides that were once dry and sparsely planted with shrubs have been transformed into inviting neighborhoods and streets lined with trees from around the world. These diverse trees have been planted in and around the buildings where we live and work, making our community cooler, cleaner, and more comfortable.
We invite you to help us continue this legacy and improve our climate for future generations. Please sign up today and join us at one of our volunteer tree planting events.
WAYS IN WHICH YOU CAN HELP - RIGHT NOW!
DONATE TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
We can use shovels, rakes, pruners, tree saws, wheelbarrows, hoses, hose-end attachments, water tank and water pump/generator
DONATE YOUR SKILLS
- Irrigation Skills: watering and irrigation system installation
- Landscape Design: assist in producing site designs
- Graphic Design: assist in designing flyers & posters and other promotional materials
- Writing / Journalism Skills: write feature stories highlighting the efforts of Benicia Tree Keepers
- Photography: help document the many beautiful trees in Benicia
- Project Management: assist in developing, coordinating, and implementing tree projects
- Event Management: assist in coordinating public events related to trees
- Web Content Management: assist with developing
and managing content on our website
- Train the Trainer: Develop skills and leadership in a specific area of urban forestry and then train others to become leaders like you
- Fundraising: Solicit in-kind and cash donations - the life blood of our work!
BUSD Campus Urban Forest Project
Please help us to grow the urban forest at Benicia Unified Schools. We'll be planting trees at Benicia High School in Winter 2015 - sign up for our mailing list to receive event date announcements!